Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Influenster Sweetheart Voxbox!


Hello, Ladies and Gents!
Sorry for the brief hiatus, I've been so so so busy! Today's post is about Influenster! More specifically, the Sweetheart Voxbox I received (for free!) this past February. I waited to do a review until I felt I'd used the products enough to gather a genuine opinion on them. I will post some pictures below of the products in the box:

The products included were: Olay Fresh Effects: Va-Va-Vivid, Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Hair Spray, Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Deodorant, and SkinnyGirl Daily On-The-Go Bar! I was skeptical about the bar, but more on that in a moment.

OLAY FRESH EFFECTS VA-VA-VIVID: This little beauty came with both a small cleansing brush that uses a single AAA battery and a small tube of cleanser. The cleansing tool is small, compact, and waterproof (bonus). I've been using mine when I take a hot shower so my pores are opened up. It's head has a triangular shape to it with mini bristles (plastic) and it vibrates side to side. The cleanser smelled pleasant, it sort of reminded me of a new magazine for some reason. It was a soft, pleasing, scent though. I used this every shower and I did see some clearing up on my face and I also saw my skin seemed to be a bit more...Vivid. The product, as much as I loved it, would not wow someone looking for immediate and extreme results. I'd recommend this to someone who, like me, has barely any acne and their face is not too dull to start with.

Not Your Mother's.."Beach Babe" Hair Spray: Ok, first I would like to add a before note stating NO products EVER work on my hair..Ever..It's why I don't bother and leave my hair au natural. That being said, this product promised to give the user beachy hair that looked as though you've just gotten home from the beach. On my sibling, this actually did work well.. On me ( who has butt-length, thick hair)it did nothing at all.. Maybe it added a slight wave..However my hair is already wavy and it may have just been my imagination. IT does work on as I said my sibling's hair and she had AMAZING beachy waves. SO, I don't recommend this to my fellow longer-haired (or maybe it's thick-haired) lady socialites.

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response: -Weird but true fact, I happen to have weird reactions with deodorants where my underarms itch insanely (it is the same for a spray, a solid, or a gel)- I was nervous about trying out my umpteenth deodorant, because of the effect they have on my underarms. I was also afraid it might wear off too easily. While the deodorant DID make my underarms itchy (it hasn't had that effect on my sibling, whom I lent it to hoping to see if it was only me or not) it also worked amazingly.. Better than any deodorant I've used. I plan on actually purchasing this item, because the citrus scent is pleasing and not overwhelming, and the deodorant is amazingly long-lasting! I give this product my A+ seal of approval (in spite of itchy underarms!)

SkinnyGirl Daily On-The-Go Bar: Ok, so, I looked at the packaging and thought : this is pretty simple packaging, hopefully it means the product is worth the simple (but effective) packaging. I am a stickler about my "healthy" snack bars. I am a foodie at heart, and would rather be fat than eat cardboard. Anywho, I needn't have been trepidatious as this bar was pretty nommy. It was a peanut butter and coconut blend (weird isn't it?). I thought I'd hate it and ended up enjoying it. It had a good texture, and good flavor. You could taste both flavors equally well and it even satisfied me (go figure!). I liked this product the second best in the box (after the deodorant).. WOULD RECOMMEND!

So that has been my experience with the Influenster Sweetheart Voxbox! If you want to sign up to Influenster, follow the link and fill out your free profile (I can invite, too and if you need a link ask me here or go to their official facebook page to find other people handing out invites! Thanks for reading!
XoXo SuperGirl

0 comments:

Post a Comment