Thursday, December 8, 2011

Book Review: Jesus Calling Devotional Bible,NJKV by Sarah Young


Hey everyone! It's once again time for a book review! The book I will be reviewing today is titled Jesus Calling Devotional Bible,NKJV. The book was sent to me gratis for being a member of http://www.booksneeze.com ; If you do not know what booksneeze is, it is a website that provides free books to panelists so that they can review it. The site offers an amazing collection of religious books. Now, on to the review:

I actually first heard of Jesus Calling Devotional Bible through booksneeze's facebook fanpage. I saw that they were offering a FREE daily devotional email, and I signed up for it by email. I recieved about two or three of the devotional emails before I decided I would love to read the book itself. I logged into booksneeze.com to see if they had it, and sure enough they did!

The pages of this book are filled with great verses, devotionals and prayers. From the moment you pick up Jesus Calling you are wrapped up in the love God has for you. The verses are placed before the story and help to give the reader a sense of what the story to come will be all about. After the story (or prayer)comes a response, written by Sarah Young and worded in such a way that it seems to be Emmanuel replying to the written story.

This book is not only well-written and executed- the entirety of it is RELEVANT. I feel this book accomplishes the author's intention to bring Jesus back into our daily lives, and to remind us that we can go to Him. I loved that the scenarios are very fresh and I loved the flow of the book. I would recommend this book highly to a friend or family member.

Stars: *****


Thanks for reading lovelies!
Xoxo
SuperGirl

0 comments:

Post a Comment