Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spring Beauty VoxBox Review!!!

So about 8 days ago I got my Influenster Spring Beauty VoxBox! I excitedly ripped open the box, and oohed and aahed over my new goodies! (Now for the moment my camera is giving me fits, so I need to wait until it's fixed tomorrow to put in pics) In this Spring's voxbox we got : Sheer Cover Duo Concealer, AVEENO Daily Moisturizing, Chapstick Lip SHIELD 365, Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Bath&Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist, a SOYJOY Bar and a mystery product ( I got the Dr.Scholl's For Her Gel Inserts ). I'll write my opinions on each below (and when the camera is repaired, I'll add photos :D )
1. Sheer Cover Duo Concealer: a. The description on the card: Ideal for hiding blemishes, age spots, redness, scars and other imperfections without heavy, cakey, coverage. Duo shades can be blended to perfectly match your skin tone. b. My take: The concealer, at first, was a bit tricky to match to my skin.. After playing with it for a few days it became my favorite concealer. I am EXTREMELY picky about concealers (my skin is combination and acne-prone so you can guess why). The duo compact comes with a light and darker shade. When I used it it took a few pats but I did manage to hide my imperfections and it lasted for about 5 hours before needing touched-up. Since I have ready access to the ladies' room at work the lasting power isn't really an issue for me, but if you are on-the-go you may want to consider that. It layers very well, it DOES blend well too. Overall I was pleasantly pleased with this product, and it became a newly beloved member of my makeup collection!
2. AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Body Wash: a. The description on the card: This body wash cleanses and moisturizes for visibly healthier skin every time you shower. It's lightly fragranced, soap free, dye-free and hypoallergenic so it's gentle enough for sensitive skin. b. My take: I used this body wash for a few days and I still can't determine if it actually does anything for me.. My skin doesn't feel as tight as some soaps can make it feel (think LUSH soaps).. But my skin was not silky or moisturized feeling either.. It does clean you, but I overall wasn't too blown-away by this product.. Which is a shame, really, because I generally LOVE Aveeno products. (: I will keep using it until I am out and see if my opinion changes.
3. Chapstick Lip Shield 365: a. The description on the card: This new product offers all season protection and moisturization for year-round exposure to the sun,wind and cold. With SPF 50+, it helps to protect from the sun's damaging UVA/UVB rays. b. My take: WOW. This chapstick REALLY works!! I used it, and after using all day (the first day) my lips were loving it! It sinks nicely into your lips and it provides that soothing (aaahh!) feeling that chapped lips yearn for. If there were ANY cons to this product they'd be these: I don't like that it leaves my lips with a slightly white tint to them and I don't like that I have to reapply every hour or so. Other than those two minor qualms, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I HIGHLY recommend it!
4. Sally Hansen Salon Effects: a. The description on the card: Real nail polish strips! This product wears like nail polish because it IS nail polish (with no drying time). Apply and you're ready to go. b. My take: I got sent the shade Frock Star..I am not a fan of glittery polish (AT ALL), but because it's not JUST about looks I gave it a go :) Generally fake nails do not fit my fingers (they're either WAY too big or WAY too small). These strips didn't fit my nails on my index, pinky, and thumb finger. I have them on still even as I type this review. I WILL say this: They have AMAZING stay power (I generally chip nails easily, and these haven't chipped even with daily wear and tear). I really, really don't see myself purchasing this product however due to the fact that it doesn't fit my nails properly.
5. Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist: a. The description on the card: Discover a better, more delicate fragrance experience with the NEW Fragrance Mist Collection. With over 20 Signature fragrances to choose from, it's love at first mist! b. My take: I was sent Sweet Pea, much to my utter delight! I have been a fan of that particular scent for 3 years or so! It's an intoxicatingly delicious fruity floral fragrance. I can never get enough!! I immediately spritzed myself, and I even got compliments on it ;) I would never expect less from BBW, though. I have and always will be a long-time lover/user of their products! PS- Sweet Pea is one of those amazing scents you can layer on and it won't get too heady
6. SOYJOY Bar: a. The description on the card: Enjoy SOYJOY with all-natural real ingredients like real fruit and whole soy! Simply baked in their Southern California bakery into SOYJOY bars for real energy-sustaining deliciousness. b. My take: Ok, I've NEVER had a SOYJOY before Influenster. I've tried Larabars and figured they may be similar. Every store around me sells them, so it's actually surprising it's taken me this long. I got a strawberry flavored bar and I hesitantly nibbled it.. Then I nibbled some more, and before you know it the bar was gone and I had a wrapper left :P I was pleasantly surprised, and I enjoyed the bar! I will be checking out their other flavors to see if there are any other delicious ones to try ;)
MYSTERY PRODUCT: For me this was inserts for my heels :) I have been using Dr.Scholl's since about 2010. I have never used the ball of the feet inserts, however. The gel inserts are very comfortable and feel good on the feet. They do take a bit of adjusting to at first but no biggy!! I happily flounced out the door in my taupe heels and summery dress and felt great the entire time (a real feat when you wear heels!). I recommend this product to anyone who wears heels and enjoys being on their feet in said heels ;)
So that's my reviews on the VoxBox products. These products WERE sent to me for FREE by Influenster! If you are interested in testing products and providing feedback, that panel is EXCELLENT! I cannot recommend that panel enough!! Thank you to Influenster for allowing me to try out great products and I will be working on pictures tomorrow!
Xoxo, SuperGirl
UPDATE: My camera has a problem being read by the computer.. Remedying this ASAP

0 comments:

Post a Comment