Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Motorola Droid X2 Review



So, by now most folks have heard of the Motorola Droid X2. This device runs on an Android OS (operating-system), and comes with 8 GB (gigabytes) pre-installed storage. It has a standard Lithium Ion battery and a wall charger; also included in the box is a warranty pamphlet and an instruction manual.

The pricing is as follows:
1.For just the phone- $449.99
2.Phone+2 year - $99.99

I actually purchased this item at the renewal of my 2-year contract (VZW) at the end of August. I waited for this long to review because I prefer to give in-depth and honest reviews and those are very hard to accomplish if you rush them.

The Pros:
1. Very, very easy to customize. (If you want a new wallpaper, simply press and hold on the home screen and select wallpaper. If you want a new theme there are TONS on the app store, and a lot of them are FREE!)
2. Neat built-in radio (AM/FM). (I love the radio, so for me this was actually great! It uses your headphones as an "antenna" [i.e.- where the headphone's metal piece meets the handset])
3. Zippy! (I have had ZERO problems with the phone being "too slow" or "lagging")
4. Android OS. (While I am still an Apple lover, I do love the refreshing Android open source software.)

The Cons:
1. It needs a reset now and again. (One quirk I have noticed is that once in a while the phone needs a manual reboot. This happened to me once in the time I have owned it.)
2. It "broke". (One of the updates did not go through properly, and the phone would not go beyond the "eye" screen. The solution was a hard reboot, and the problem went away pretty easily)
3. Battery life. (Need I say more? I really only use my phone "intensively" for 2 hours a day. By the end of 5 hours it's at 10 percent battery left.)
4. There is not a simple task-killer installed. (Grab it manually for free off of the app store!)

My opinion:
Overall, it's a great find for me. I love that it's opensource (that means you could develop software for the phone, if you were so inclined). I love that the phone has great versatility and a great app store, too. I dislike the battery life drain and the fact that it doesn't have an adequate (simple) task-killer pre-installed. I think the phone has so much potential, if they would just add the task killer and a better battery source.

Hope you enjoyed my review!
Xoxo
SuperGirl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment